Canadian Nuclear Laboratories (CNL) is committed to operating responsibly. Sustainable Procurement is one of CNL’s 14 Focus Areas in Sustainability, further described in the 2021-22 Sustainability Report. Social, environmental and ethical issues matter to our business – from the work we do for our clients to the way we run our offices and interact with our people and our suppliers.
We are pleased to announce we are now members of Sedex (Supplier Ethical Data Exchange), one of the world’s leading online platforms designed to help companies manage and improve working conditions in their global supply chains, improve their responsible and sustainable business practices, and support their commitments to sourcing responsibly.
The objective is simple: gain a better understanding of our supply chain, specifically in the areas of:
- Labour standards
- Health and safety
- The environment
- Business ethics
We are asking all of our suppliers to join with us. The benefits of Sedex membership are:
- Share information about your ethical practices with multiple customers – no duplication means it saves you time, money and resources
- Supports your learning about ethical standards and practices
- Illustrate your commitment to ethical trading to customers and stakeholders
- Network and engage with other Sedex members and Sedex working groups
- Helps you in finding strengths in your business practices and areas to improve
- Join a growing membership organization that is helping to drive improvements in responsible sourcing