Voting is now closed. Check back soon to see who the finalists are.
Do your kids or young relatives love reptiles and want see their artwork all over town? How about making their mark on the community, literally? We are excited to launch this call for submissions for the Community Turtle Signage Project.
In 2021 December, CNL completed the investment phase of its first crowdfunding campaign. Among the selected ideas for contributions was the Community Turtle Crossing Signage project. Over the past months, we have confirmed involvement of several municipalities in proximity to Chalk River campus, and identified several turtle crossing hot-spots within Renfrew County, including Black Bay Road (Petawawa), Barron Canyon Road (Laurentian Valley) and Banting Drive (Deep River).
This project will encourage community youth to submit their turtle crossing signage designs, to be reviewed by a panel of judges here at CNL and voted on by the general public here, on cnl.ca. Winning designs will be made into permanent road signs; any chosen designs will be erected with an additional standard turtle crossing sign to ensure clear visibility and understanding of drivers.
- The contest is open to youth 12 years old and younger.
- Submissions can be sent electronically to Communications@CNL.ca.
- The design should be in square or rectangular format with white background.
- Remember, sometimes less is more, we don’t want to distract drivers!
- Submissions will be accepted until June 30, 2022.
- Voting will begin July 5, 2022 and be open until July 16, 2022.
- Winners will be announced July 18 2022.
Did you know that all eight of the species of turtles native to Ontario have been designated as Species at Risk?