CNL Tours for High School Science Classes
Touring CNL gives high school science classes an opportunity to see what happens at Canada’s largest nuclear science and technology laboratory. These tours are a new initiative, and CNL is able to accommodate one school visit per month with booking of schools on a first come, first served basis.
The full day tour will enable the students to experience a broad cross section of scientific disciplines, with specific requests addressed on a case by case basis. The tours will also provide an overview of CNL and the benefits of nuclear science and technology.
- Tours are open to all schools with a preference given to schools within Renfrew or Pontiac Counties.
- One school per month may book a tour from September to June.
- Tour dates and times are assigned on a first come first served basis.
- Tours are recommended for grades 11 and 12 science classes.
- Students will be broken into three unique educational streams at CNL: energy, physics and the environment
- CNL will work with each teacher to adjust the tour to meet the needs of their class where possible.
- Schools choose who will attend the tour.
- 25 visitors maximum, including teachers.
- Tours are conducted in English only.
- Tours should expect to arrive to site at 9 a.m. and depart at 3:30 p.m. however timing is flexible
- CNL will provide lunch and refreshments for all participants.
If you are interested in arranging a school visit to the Laboratories, please contact Corporate Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org. CNL will do its best to accommodate all reasonable requests.