The Postdoctoral Fellowship Program provides support to the most promising researchers at a pivotal time in their careers.
The fellowships are also intended to secure a supply of highly qualified Canadians with leading edge scientific and research skills for Canadian industry, government and universities.
Postdoctoral Fellows will work directly with a research team led by a subject matter expert, who will act as a mentor overseeing the research, monitoring progress, and providing guidance. Research topics will be established jointly between the candidates and the mentors. The candidates are encouraged to submit their innovative research ideas on a specific topic for consideration. The candidates will be required to document the research findings in CNL internal reports and publish it in peer-reviewed journals.
Postdoctoral Fellows will be offered the opportunity to become an Associate Editor for the CNL Nuclear Review, the only Canadian journal dedicated to nuclear science.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Completed Ph.D. within 24 months of their Postdoctoral Fellow appointment to CNL or is in a program that will lead to the acquisition of their Ph.D. within six months of applying to the program.
- Two publications representative of research.
- Two work pertinent references.
- Based at Chalk River Laboratories, Chalk River, Ontario, Canada.
- Honorarium of $55,000 per annum paid in instalments after making statutory deductions.
- In lieu of vacation - payment of 4 per cent of the annual honorarium.
- Candidates must have a minimum of five years traceable history to be considered for security clearance to work on site.
- Initial appointment will be for two years, with a possibility of extension for one additional year subject to satisfactory performance.
There are two types of Postdoctoral Fellowship opportunities to apply for:
- A general Postdoctoral Fellowship Program posting remains open at all times for eligible and interested candidates. The posting is available at the following link.
- Specific Postdoctoral Fellowship opportunities periodically arise which are targeted to defined disciplines. These opportunities will be posted underCNL’s Postdoctoral Program opportunities.