On behalf of the Government of Canada, CNL manages nuclear liabilities at the Whiteshell Laboratories site near Pinawa, Manitoba.
CNL transitioned to a Government Owned – Contractor Operated model in September 2015; with a mandate to safely decommission and remediate the Whiteshell Laboratories site by 2024.
Industry day will be an opportunity for businesses and contractors to gain a better understanding of the scope and procurement/contracting related to the decommissioning of CNL’s Whiteshell Laboratories site. Project leadership and staff will be on hand to present information and engage in a dialogue regarding the type of work to be performed, where likely contracting opportunities exist and provide an overview of the procurement process.
May 11, 2017 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm Winnipeg MB
Hilton Hotel, 1800 Wellington Avenue, Winnipeg (Stevenson Room D)
Whiteshell Laboratories, Whiteshell Laboratories,1 Ara Mooradian Way, Pinawa MB
May 12, 2017 9:00 am – 12:00 pm Pinawa MB (site tour)
* The Whiteshell Laboratories site session will be similar to the Winnipeg session but will provide an opportunity for networking with local industry, contractors and a tour of the site.
Opportunities to work with CNL exist in the following sectors:
- Skilled Trades
- Heavy Equipment
- Specialized Equipment
- General Contractor
- Demolition Contractor
- Registration Welcome and Introduction
- Whiteshell and Area Capabilities
- Strategic Importance of WLCP
- Health and Safety Overview
- Projects Overview
- Contracting Strategy, Approaches, Procurement Overview
A registration limit of two company representatives. Registration deadline 2017 May 08.