Canadian Nuclear Laboratories’ (CNL) social media accounts are managed by the Corporate Communications branch with input from various subject matter experts from within CNL. If you follow any of our social media accounts you can expect occasional content covering some or all of the following:
- News releases, speeches, and statements
- Events – Information about events that are being run by, or attended by CNL
- Videos and photos
- Relevant website updates and publications
- News of milestone accomplishments
- Commentary related to topical issues
CNL maintains an official presence through the following social media tools:
The purpose of these guidelines is to inform users of how CNL will interact with the public via social media tools. These tools allow for comments to be posted, and we encourage discussion. While we can’t respond to all comments, we will attempt to provide additional information or links when possible.
- CNL will moderate and review comments and may participate or intervene, as appropriate. Additionally, comments posted are expected to be relevant to content of the original post.
CNL reserves the right to edit or remove comments including but not limited to:
- Are contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms;
- Express racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting or life-threatening messages;
- Put forward serious, unproven or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations;
- Are aggressive, coarse, violent, obscene or pornographic in tone;
- Are offensive to an individual or an organization, rude in tone or abusive;
- Are not sent by the author, put forward for advertising purposes or written in a language other than English or French;
- Contain announcements from labour or political organizations;
- Are unintelligible, off-topic or irrelevant messages;
- Are repetitive or spamming of threads; and/or
- Do not, in the moderators’ opinion, add to the normal flow of the discussion.
Our following of an organization does not imply endorsement of any kind, and we reserve the right to un-follow any individual or organization.
@Replies and Direct Messages (Twitter)
Feedback and ideas are welcome. While we are not able to reply individually to all the messages received via Twitter, all @replies and Direct Messages will be read. They will be handled on a case-by-case basis and responded to when deemed appropriate.
We cannot engage on issues or answer questions which violate the principles of these guidelines. Comments in violation of those guidelines may result in blocking the user in question to prevent further inappropriate tweets.
Additionally, to protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, we recommend that you do not include personal information such as a phone number, e-mail address or other contact information in the body of your comments. When redirected to an external site, you are subject to their privacy guidelines.
Moderating and posting of content will generally occur during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern Standard Time), Monday through Friday. Comments submitted after hours or on weekends will be read and posted as early as possible.
The views of participants commenting on third party sites do not necessarily represent the views of CNL.
We encourage your participation. If you have questions about the comment guidelines or how we apply them, please contact us at CNL.ca